- 1 Best 8-Inch Subwoofer Reviews (Recommended Picks)
- 1.1 1.Bazooka BT8024DVC BT Series Subwoofer
- 1.2 2.Rockford Fosgate PS-8 Underseat Powered Subwoofer
- 1.3 3. Rockville RW8CA Under-Seat Powered Car Subwoofer
- 1.4 4. Sound Storm LOPRO8 Car Subwoofer
- 1.5 5. JL Audio 8W3V3-4 Single Subwoofer
- 1.6 6. JBL GTO804 Reduced Depth Subwoofer
- 1.7 7. Rockford P3SD48 P3 Punch Subwoofer
- 1.8 8. Polk Audio db840DVC Dual Voice Coil Subwoofer
- 2 Best 8 Inch Subwoofer Comparison Chart
- 3 Conclusion:
Are you looking to add some extra bass to your car stereo system but you have limited space to do it? Then you may want to seriously look at adding a compact yet powerful 8-inch powered subwoofer. It won’t shatter your window glass but it will definitely give you the extra bass you need on your car audio system. Thanks to its built-in amplifier it will take up significantly less space too. It’s the perfect subwoofer solution for pickup trucks and smaller cars that do not have a lot of room to add additional components such as large subwoofers.
Here we will take a look at some of the best 8-Inch powered subwoofers that are available in the car audio marketplace. Each of the 8-inch subwoofer reviews that we do here will tell you some of the important characteristics of each 8-inch powered subwoofer so you can decide if one of them may be the perfect fit for your car’s audio system.
Bazooka BT8024DVC BT Series Subwoofer
|View On Amazon|
Rockford Fosgate PS-8 Underseat Powered Subwoofer
|View On Amazon|
Rockville RW8CA Under-Seat Powered Car Subwoofer
|View On Amazon|
Sound Storm LOPRO8 Car Subwoofer
|View On Amazon|
JL Audio 8W3V3-4 Single Subwoofer
|View On Amazon|
JBL GTO804 Reduced Depth Subwoofer
|View On Amazon|
Rockford P3SD48 P3 Punch Subwoofer
|View On Amazon|
Best 8-Inch Subwoofer Reviews (Recommended Picks)
1.Bazooka BT8024DVC BT Series Subwoofer
Here is a very unique subwoofer design from the popular Bazooka Company. Like the name says, their subwoofers are made using a very effective tubular design. The theory behind them is simple; bass is a pressurized type of sound and you get more pressure when sound is jettisoned out of a can or tube. This unique Bazooka subwoofer design also makes them a very space-friendly 8-Inch subwoofer.
The design of these 8-Inch powered subwoofers makes them not only great for use in small cars and pickup trucks but they will also supply you with some great bass sounds in a boat or ATV too.
Not only are they compact and easy to install but these 8-Inch subwoofers are specially designed for ‘corner loading’ applications. No matter where you put them in your vehicle you will still get great deep bass tones from them. That is why this model active subwoofer is rated so highly by those who have purchased it.
- Unique ‘tubular’ design
- Very ‘space-friendly’
- 400 watts max power
- Dual 4-ohm impedance
- 2” high power and high temp resistant voice coil
- Wide 30Hz-250Hz range frequency response
- Short 1-year warranty
- Heavy at 16 pounds
2.Rockford Fosgate PS-8 Underseat Powered Subwoofer
We expected good things from a Rockford Fosgate subwoofer product and this small powered subwoofer delivered. The Rockford Fosgate PS-8 is a great way to still get some big bass sound even from a vehicle with limited space to install a subwoofer. It won’t vibrate your wheels off with bass but it will add deep, rich bass tones that will nicely compliment any car audio system.
With this powered subwoofer, there is no need to add or upgrade an amp. That’s because Rockford Fosgate has already paired it with an amp that will allow you to get the full 150 watts of bass power out of its subwoofer.
One of the best things about the Rockford Fosgate PS-8 is it comes with just about everything you need to get it hooked up right. This includes all its main wiring and all the mounting hardware to keep it securely in place as it vibrates when bringing great low bass sensations. It even comes built into a nice looking black vinyl enclosure too.
- Perfectly matched 150-watt amplifier
- Shallow depth powered subwoofer
- 150 watts max power
- A remote bass control switch
- Includes all mounting hardware and basic wiring
- Auto turn on setting
- Does not fit under the seat of every vehicle
- Installation is not simple
3. Rockville RW8CA Under-Seat Powered Car Subwoofer
Here is another 8-Inch powered subwoofer that’s designed to conveniently fit under the seats of most vehicles. It will give your pickup truck or a compact vehicle that little extra bass kick that normal car audio sometimes lacks. The Rockville RW8CA offers up some pretty deep, rich bass tones for a compact powered subwoofer that’s as small as it is.
The Rockville RW8CA is chock full of bells and whistles. It features 600-watt peak power and a very wide 20Hz-150Hz frequency response range. It includes bass boost and low pass filtering in addition to a convenient remote bass level knob. This compact 8-Inch powered subwoofer also features an adjustable input sensitivity switch and an automatic remote turn-on.
Its less than 3” thick design allows you to mount it in many small spaces and it includes all the hardware necessary to mount it properly too. Rockville even gives you 30 days to return this unit no questions asked after you purchase this compact powered subwoofer.
- Bass boost and low pass filtering
- Only 2.7” thick
- 600 watts max power
- Remote bass level switch
- Built-in thermal and overload protection
- 20Hz-150Hz frequency response range
- 15.5-inch length can hinder installation
- Does not come with wiring
4. Sound Storm LOPRO8 Car Subwoofer
This is a really nice low profile 8-Inch powered subwoofer from Sound Storm Labs. They have done a nice job designing this compact subwoofer and amplifier package. It will give a nice bass kick to any sound system in a car or truck that has little free space for mounting a bigger subwoofer. Its 2 7/8” thickness makes it perfect for under seat mounting.
At 600 watts peak power it won’t break your windows with super-loud vibrating bass tones but it will take your ordinary car audio bass to a whole new level of listening pleasure. This Sound Storm lab powered 8-Inch subwoofer has such nice features as subsonic filtering, bass boost, and a remote subwoofer level control. It also offers both high and RCA low input levels.
Sound Storm Labs shows a lot of confidence in the compact powered subwoofer too as is evidenced by the fact they back it up with a full 3-year warranty. They also will allow you to return it within 60-days of purchase no questions asked.
- Subsonic filter & bass boost
- Just 2 7/8-Inch thick
- 600 watts peak power
- Remote subwoofer level control
- Low and high input levels
- Excellent 3-year manufacturer’s warranty
- Will not satisfy super-low bass note lovers
- Installation takes some time
5. JL Audio 8W3V3-4 Single SubwooferOne of the top manufacturers on the marker, American company JL Audio has introduced a compact 8-inch subwoofer called 8W3V3-4. Behind that name, you can find subwoofer speaker without the enclosure box so you have to make one by yourself. It is a mineral-filled polypropylene cone woofer with 250 Watts RMS / 500 Peak power is about enough for most users with normal needs.
It has a rubber surround and the rest of the materials used are good. With not so affordable price for just the speaker, it is definitely not the cheapest option however if you want quality in a compact package, this is it.
6. JBL GTO804 Reduced Depth Subwoofer
Another well-known speaker company with another single 8-inch subwoofer at a pretty hefty price. However, this is also a quality item intended for users that need great sound and don’t have room for bigger and more powerful subwoofers. It has polypropylene woofer cone and proprietary frame with reduced mounting depth. Its peak power is 800 W and works on the single 4-ohm voice coil.
The users reported that the sound is satisfying and power is adequate and even suppresses the expectations. We would recommend this product if you are willing to pay more for a brand name such is JBL.
7. Rockford P3SD48 P3 Punch SubwooferOnce again, Rockford brings a nice product on the market but with affordable price and good specifications and P3SD48 is just that. It has M-Roll Santoprene surround, StampCast basket with integrated spider venting and anodized aluminum cone and dust cap so it is durable and strong.
However, the power is not so high and this subwoofer has 150 W RMS and 300 W max. The users reported that even though it is weaker than the competitors, the sound output is just as loud and it has good quality. It is easy to recommend this product since it comes from the line of premium products with high quality and it has an affordable price.
8. Polk Audio db840DVC Dual Voice Coil SubwooferVery interesting and really affordable option comes from guys at Polk Audio and it is a deep 8-inch subwoofer with 180 W RMS and 360 W peak power. It was built from durable materials and comes with dynamic balance polymer composite cone.
This product is also marine certified and designed to withstand the toughest environments so it is our recommended subwoofer for use on boats, convertibles, floating objects and any other surface open to the elements. If you planning to put the good sound system on your boat, this is it.
If you’d like to consider a larger speaker size, check out 10-inch car speakers!
Best 8 Inch Subwoofer Comparison Chart
|Bazooka BT8024DVC BT Series 8-Inch Subwoofer||$$||23.6 x 10.4 x 10.4"||15.9 pounds||4 Ohm||400|
|Rockford Fosgate PS-8 8-Inch Underseat Powered Subwoofer||$$$||3.3 x 9.4 x 14.4"||14.3 pounds||4 Ohm||150|
|Rockville RW8CA 8" Under-Seat Powered Car Subwoofer||$||15.5 x 13 x 5"||7 pounds||2 Ohm||600|
|Sound Storm LOPRO8 600 Watt 8-Inch Car Subwoofer||$||14.8 x 9.7 x 2.8"||11.5 pounds||4 Ohm||600|
|JL AUDIO 8W3V3-4 8″ SINGLE 4-OHM W3V3 SERIES SUBWOOFER||$$$$||10.1 x 9.5 x 6.3 inches||9.7 pounds||4 Ohm||250|
|JBL GTO804 REDUCED DEPTH 8-INCH SUBWOOFER||$$$$||10 x 10 x 10 inches||10.3 pounds||4 Ohm||800|
|ROCKFORD P3SD48 P3 PUNCH SHALLOW MOUNT 8-INCH DVC 4-OHM SUBWOOFER||$||2.7 x 8 x 8 inches||8.6 pounds||4 Ohm||300|
|POLK AUDIO DB840DVC 8-INCH DUAL VOICE COIL SUBWOOFER||$||6.7 x 5.9 x 3.1 inches||6.5 pounds||2 Ohm||360|
|KICKER 10C84 (10C8-4) 8″ SINGLE 4 OHM CAR SUBWOOFERS||$||9.4 x 9.4 x 5.6 inches||6.4 pounds||4 Ohm||200|
The 8-inch subwoofers are the perfect choice for an audio fan with space and money limits. However, despite being small they pack a powerful punch and more than enough for regular car audio enthusiast.
The prices vary as well as the specifications but if you follow our product reviews you can easily find the best 8-inch subwoofer to suit your needs and budget.
Note that all the products we reviewed here are just speakers without enclosure or boxes so you’ll need to buy or build one by yourself.
We hope you enjoyed our 8-inch subwoofer reviews and hope what you read can help you make the right choice when it comes to purchasing one.