- 1 Best Bluetooth Car Kit Reviews (Updated List)
- 1.1 1. Nulaxy KM24 Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit
- 1.2 2. Roav VIVA, by Anker, Alexa-Enabled 2-Port USB Car Charger
- 1.3 3. Kinivo BTC450 Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit
- 1.4 4. Besign BK01 Bluetooth 4.1 Car Kit Hands-Free
- 1.5 5. Nulaxy Wireless Bluetooth FM Transmitter Car Kit
- 1.6 6. TaoTronics Bluetooth Receiver / Car Kit
- 1.7 7. Mpow Bluetooth Receiver
- 1.8 8. SoundBot SB360 Bluetooth 4.0 Car Kit Hands
- 1.9 9. TaoTronics Two Microphone Bluetooth Car Kit
- 2 Buying Guide: How to Buy a Bluetooth Car Kit
- 3 Getting the Right Type Bluetooth Car Kit for Your Needs
- 4 How Do Bluetooth Car Kits Operate?
- 5 How To Set Up A Bluetooth Car Kit?
- 6 Bluetooth Car Kit FAQs And Answers
- 7 Best Bluetooth Car Kit Comparison Chart
- 8 Wrap Up
These days you will find most states have very steep fines for talking on your cell phone when driving. That’s why there has been such a push for hands-free devices that are added to your car stereo equipment. Things such as an integrated speakerphone and dialing system are nice but there is a whole higher level of convenience you can take your hands-free car audio and phone system to. That is done by adding what is known as a Bluetooth car kit to your vehicle’s audio system.
In this article, we would like to help you get the best Bluetooth car kit for your needs. That is why we have selected the most popular models to do Bluetooth car kit reviews on. That way we have done most of the legwork for you when it comes to selecting a Bluetooth car kit that will provide you with an outstanding hands-free experience while driving.
Nulaxy KM24 Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit
|View On Amazon|
Roav VIVA, by Anker, Alexa-Enabled 2-Port USB Car Charger
|View On Amazon|
Kinivo BTC450 Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit
|View On Amazon|
Besign BK01 Bluetooth 4.1 Car Kit Hands-Free
|View On Amazon|
Nulaxy Wireless Bluetooth FM Transmitter Car Kit
|View On Amazon|
TaoTronics Bluetooth Receiver / Car Kit
|View On Amazon|
Mpow Bluetooth Receiver
|View On Amazon|
SoundBot SB360 Bluetooth 4.0 Car Kit Hands
|View On Amazon|
Best Bluetooth Car Kit Reviews (Updated List)
Here are some of the most popular Bluetooth car kits that are available in the vehicle audio marketplace:
1. Nulaxy KM24 Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit
Nulaxy is known as an innovator when it comes to helpful Bluetooth devices and car hands-free kits like this one are the reason why. This plug into the power point unit will allow you to talk on the phone and play your music much safer when you are driving. It sinks up in seconds with your mobile phone to give you a great hands-free experience.
There are very few Bluetooth enabled devices that this hands-free device will not work with. It also features an easy to read larger size display that lights up brightly for both day and nighttime use. It also comes with a manual on and off switch to help save your car’s battery power when it’s not running.
Other very nice features on it include its crystal clear sound quality when talking on the phone and the multiple ways you can use it to play music for you. It also features not one but two USB ports. One for charging smart devices and the other for reading data files.
- Works with most Bluetooth enabled devices
- Clear sound quality
- Large size display
- Includes dual USB ports (1-charging, 1-reading files)
- Manual power off and on switch
- Multiple music playing modes
- Max flash drive size 32GB
- No display color choices
2. Roav VIVA, by Anker, Alexa-Enabled 2-Port USB Car Charger
Here is a very interesting semi-Bluetooth capable hands-free device from Anker. It’s called the Roav Viva. It works using Amazon’s innovative Alexa voice control technology to provide you with a completely hands-free phone and music playing experience while driving.
For a small power port plugin device, it’s loaded with outstanding features. It has such things as instant voice-activated navigation, tap to mute the Alexa service and non-cloud based phone synching for a totally private calling experience.
That’s not all you get with this Alexa enabled device either. It has a nice dual microphone design to help keep your phone conversations and Alexa communications crystal clear. There are also dual USB ports built into it which feature high-speed charging. So both you and your passengers can keep your smart devices charged up at all times.
- Features Amazon’s Alexa voice control technology
- Instant voice-activated navigation
- Dual microphone design
- Tap to mute
- Local only phone synching
- Includes dual USB ports for high-speed charging
- Has issues with some vehicles (list provided by the manufacturer)
- USB ports cannot read music files
3. Kinivo BTC450 Bluetooth Hands-Free Car KitIt’s very important to keep your eyes on the road at all times when you’re driving. No matter how important your calls and texts are, your safety will always be more important. Thankfully, the Kinivo BTC450 is here to help. This Bluetooth hands-free device will allow you to answer the phone without taking your eyes off the road.
The Kinivo BTC450 is compatible with any Bluetooth device, whether it’s an iPhone, a Blackberry, or an Android. The device has a built-in microphone that will easily catch everything you say, and it’s even capable of canceling the ambient noises in your car so the person on the other end of the line will hear you clearly.
- Auto Connects – Once the device is paired with your phone, it will connect to it automatically when you start the car
- High-Quality Microphone – All your phone conversations will be crisp and clear. The microphone will also cancel out the ambient noises in your car, so your voice will be the only thing the person you’re talking to will hear.
- One Phone At A Time – The device will only pair with one phone at a time
4. Besign BK01 Bluetooth 4.1 Car Kit Hands-FreeIf you’re tired of having to listen to the same radio station every day when you’re commuting to work, and you want to listen to the music you have stored on your tablet or phone, then the Besign BK01 is the device you’re looking for.
This hands-free Bluetooth adapter is specially designed to allow you to change the song you’re listening to without taking your eyes off the road. The adapter comes with a magnetic docking station, so you can place it somewhere you can reach comfortably while driving. The adapter’s 3 button design allows you to skip to the next or previous song, or to pause the music.
The adapter automatically connects with the devices it recognizes if they have their Bluetooth on.
- Noise Reduction Microphone – The adapter’s microphone will reduce the ambient noise whenever you talk on the phone.
- Connects To Two Devices – The adapter is capable of connecting to two Bluetooth devices at the same time
- Poor Adhesive – The adapter’s docking station can sometimes fall because of the poor adhesive on its back. This is a minor inconvenience that can be fixed quickly, but it’s good to know about it beforehand.
5. Nulaxy Wireless Bluetooth FM Transmitter Car KitOne of the most important things you can buy for your car is a high-quality Bluetooth adapter. Not only will a good adapter allow you to make and receive calls without distracting your attention, but they will also allow you to listen to the music you have stored on your phone or tablet.
The Nulaxy Bluetooth adapter comes with two USB ports. You can use the ports to charge your phone or to connect an mp3 player to the adapter. The device’s large display allows you to see all the changes you make, and it will also show you the caller’s ID.
- FM Transmitter – Unlike other adapters that connect to your car’s stereo through the Aux jack, this one produces an FM signal your stereo can detect. This will allow you to use the adaptor in older cars that don’t have an Aux jack.
- Great Sound Quality – Some FM transmitters available on the market produce a poor radio signal, so the quality of the sound is also poor. This device produces a strong signal, so the audio quality is also very good.
- Takes Long To Shut Down – If your cigarette lighter does not automatically turn off when you stop the engine, you will have to manually turn the adapter off. This can be a nuisance, as you’ll have to press the on/off button for at least 5 seconds to turn the unit off.
6. TaoTronics Bluetooth Receiver / Car KitIf you own multiple Bluetooth devices, it’s very important to find a car Bluetooth adapter capable of connecting with all of them. Thankfully, the TaoTronics adapter was designed with this particular function in mind. The adapter is compatible with most smartphones, no matter what type of operating system they use.
The device is easy to set up, and most people will be able to use it within minutes after opening the box. You simply have to connect the adapter to your car’s stereo through the Aux jack, and then connect the device to your phone or tablet. Once the device is paired with a phone, it will automatically connect to it when it’s within range.
- Battery – This device comes with a battery, so you don’t have to keep it plugged in when you use it. However, the device will still operate even if it’s charging.
- Versatile – Unlike other Bluetooth adapters that can only be used in a car, this device is very versatile. You can use it well with earbuds, a home stereo system, or headphones.
- Low Volume – This device produces a low volume, so you will have to turn both the phone’s and the car’s volume up if you want to hear anything.
7. Mpow Bluetooth ReceiverThis is one of the best selling Bluetooth adapters currently available on the market, and after taking a closer look at it, it’s easy to understand why. First of all, this adapter is cheap. It’s actually one of the cheapest models available. Second, this device is very versatile and you can pair it with your phone or tablet, but you can also use it with headphones and home audio systems.
The adapter can connect to two Bluetooth devices at the same time, and it will automatically reconnect once it pairs with a device. The adapter will not turn on automatically, so you will have to turn it on by pressing the multi-function button for at least 3 seconds every time you want to use it.
- Long Battery Life – This Bluetooth adapter can run continuously for up to 8 hours without needing a recharge. The device will still work while it’s charging
- Great Value – This adapter offers a great value for its low price, and it’s one of the best adapters available.
- Difficult To Turn On/Off – To turn the adapter On/Off, you have to hold the main button pressed for 3 seconds. If you don’t press it long enough, nothing happens. If you press it for too long, the unit will perform a full cycle, and it will turn itself On/Off again, so you’ll have to repeat the process.
8. SoundBot SB360 Bluetooth 4.0 Car Kit HandsIf you’re looking for a small device that will allow you to make and receive calls and listen to music in your car, you should take a closer look at the SoundBot SB360. This Bluetooth hands-free adapter will improve your driving experience, and it will make your life easier and safer.
This device uses a magnetic docking station, so you can place it anywhere you like. You can even use the wearable clip mount to place the adapter on yourself or on the passenger. The built-in microphone is capable of reducing the ambient noises, making your phone conversation crystal clear.
- FM Transmitter – This device is an FM transmitter, so you don’t need to connect it via USB or audio cable to your stereo. This will allow you to use the device in older vehicles that don’t use these technologies.
- Starts Automatically – This FM adapter will turn on and connect automatically when you start the car. You only have to make sure your phone’s Bluetooth is turned on when you start the car.
- No Noise Insulator – This Bluetooth adapter doesn’t come with a noise insulator, so your phone conversations can be slightly affected by the ambient noise.
9. TaoTronics Two Microphone Bluetooth Car Kit
Do you love your current car audio head unit but wish it was Bluetooth enabled. Well, TaoTronics has an affordable solution for you. No longer do you have to buy a new head unit in order to give yourself a safe hands-free music and phone experience while you are driving.
This affordable Bluetooth car kit just simply plugs into the jack on your car audio head unit. Once that has been done you can use it to sync up to one or two smart devices to it in order to play your music or answer the phone. While talking on the phone it uses a dual microphone system along with noise-canceling technology to provide you with very clear communication.
It will work with a big variety of Bluetooth enabled devices and you can even activate SIRI voice communication with just a simple click of a button. It takes just 2 short hours to charge it long enough to use for up to 15 hours in your car.
- Works with a large variety of Bluetooth enabled devices
- Dual microphone system for clear voice communication
- CVC 6.0 Noise Cancellation Technology
- SIRI one-click activation
- Can sink up 2 smart devices to it
- Incredibly low priced
- No display screen
- No power cord
Buying Guide: How to Buy a Bluetooth Car Kit
Buying a high-quality Bluetooth car kit might be more difficult than you think. There are a lot of models available on the market, and all the manufacturers claim that their models are better than their competitor’s.
In the following section, we explain what to look for in a car kit so you can make an informed decision when you buy one.
4 Things to Look for When Buying a Bluetooth Car Kit
- Versatility –
Whenever you buy a product, you have to make sure you’re going to use it as often as possible. If you want to make sure you use your Bluetooth car kit, you should buy one that is able to connect to a large variety of devices.
Technology nowadays is always changing, and while you might have been using a certain operating system for years, you might want to change it to another someday. If this happens, it’s better to be sure your Bluetooth adapter will be compatible with the other operating systems available on the market.
Having a versatile Bluetooth car kit is also great if you’re not the only person using it. If there are more than one drivers using the same car, a versatile car kit will be able to connect with all their phones.
People nowadays have more than one gadget that has a Bluetooth connection. Having a car kit that’s capable to connect to your tablet or smartwatch will be an advantage.
- Connectivity –
You might think all Bluetooth car kits work in a similar way, but that’s not exactly true. Some of them can only connect with a single unit at any given time, while others are capable of connecting with more. This might not seem like a big deal at first, but it might affect your driving experience.
Having a car kit that’s capable of connecting to more phones at the same time is certainly an advantage if you share your car with other drivers. You won’t have to connect and disconnect your phone to the kit every time you want to use it, and it will automatically pair with your phone as soon as you enter the car.
Some car kits have to be manually configured every time you want to use them. Others will remember the devices they were paired with in the past, and they will automatically connect to them if they’re in range. This can be a major advantage, and it will save you time.
- Ambient Noise Reduction –
Cars can be noisy. Sometimes, you can barely hear other people talking in the car, let alone hear someone over the phone. Having a Bluetooth car kit that comes with a noise reduction microphone can be an advantage. People will be able to hear you clearly over the reduced ambient noise, so you will be able to have good conversations over the phone.
- Good Hands-Free Operation –
One of the most important roles of a Bluetooth car kit is its ability to be operated without distracting you from the role. There are many ways in which manufacturers decided to approach this problem.
Some car kits come with a magnetic docking station and a multi-function button. The docking station uses an adhesive to stick to any surface in your car, and you can place it wherever you find it comfortable. The button sits on the station, and it grants you complete control of the phone whether you use it to play music or for conversations.
Other models connect to the stereo’s audio jack through a small metal ending, and you can use the multi-function button on their surface to control the phone. Their small display will show you the caller’s ID and the song’s title. A few models, especially FM transmitters, can be plugged directly into the car’s cigarette lighter using support. They have large displays that show the radio signal frequency they’re transmitting and the caller ID.
Who Should Buy a Bluetooth Car Kit?
Bluetooth car kits can be valuable for anyone who frequently drives but doesn’t have a sound system with Bluetooth connectivity. These kits can be used as a hands-free adapter for your car, allowing you to make or receive phone calls. They can also connect to your gadgets and play music, and some can be used outside the car as well. You can connect them to your headphones, earbuds, or your home’s audio system.
Getting the Right Type Bluetooth Car Kit for Your Needs
As you could see in our short product reviews, there are different types of car kits. Finding the right one is more a question of what you’re looking for. Here’s how you should determine which type is the best for you.
- Car’s Audio System –
Some car stereos have a 3.5 mm audio jack. Others don’t. If your car doesn’t have one, you shouldn’t bother changing it. You should get a Bluetooth FM transmitter instead. These systems can be used with all types of stereos because they produce an FM signal the stereo is able to detect. Instead of connecting to the car through cables, these kits will connect wirelessly to both your phone and your stereo. If your car has a 3.5mm audio jack, you can go for every Bluetooth car kit model out there. It’s only a matter of preference and budget, so you should buy the one that better suits your needs.
- Number Of Bluetooth Compatible Gadgets –
If you’re one of the people who are more tech-savvy, and you usually use more gadgets, you should buy a kit that can connect to all or most of your gadgets. Some kits don’t have to be used inside a car, and they are small enough to carry anywhere. They can connect to your home audio systems, your smart TVs, and most of the other Bluetooth compatible devices.
- Number Of Drivers –
If the car you’re planning on using the kit in has more than one driver, it might be better to find a model that will automatically recognize more than one phone. This will make it easier to connect to the kit for everyone, making your driving experience better.
How Do Bluetooth Car Kits Operate?
You might be wondering how a Bluetooth car kit operates. Well, for such an advanced gadget, they surely work in an easy and straightforward way. First of all, you have to understand that there are more types of car kits. Here’s how they work.
- FM Transmitters –
These adapters are usually better suited for car stereos that don’t have a 3.5mm audio jack. Instead of connecting to the stereo through the jack, they produce an FM radio signal. To connect to them, you just have to turn on the radio and set it on the same frequency the adapter is producing. The kit will also connect to your phone using Bluetooth, and it will relay everything from your phone to the radio signal. They usually come with a power adapter you can connect to the car’s cigarette lighter.
- 3.5 mm Cable Audio Jack –
These car kits are very simple to use, but they need a 3.5 mm audio jack to work. They connect to your car’s stereo via a 3.5 mm cable, and to your phone through Bluetooth. Some models come with a docking station and a multi-function button. You can set up the docking station wherever you find it more comfortable to use, and use the button to control the music or phone settings. These models are powered by an adapter that connects to your car’s cigarette lighter.
Other 3.5 mm models are power by batteries. They connect to your phone and stereo in a similar way with the other models, but they don’t have to be connected to the power adapter at all times. Once they are fully recharged, they can run on batteries for up to 8 hours at a time. They can be recharged using a micro USB cable, and you can either do it in the car if it has a USB port or you have a USB adapter, or you can charge them before leaving on a trip.
What Type Of Phones Does Bluetooth Car Adapters Support?
Well, there is no definitive answer to that question, since there are many models out there, but most of the recent models support all types of phones. In fact, they are compatible with most Bluetooth compatible gadgets, not just phones. Whether you’re an iOS, Android, Windows, or Blackberry fan, you’ll surely find the car kit for your gadgets.
How To Set Up A Bluetooth Car Kit?
Thankfully, most of the car kits produced nowadays are very simple to set up. They have plug-and-play setups, and all you have to do is to connect them to your car stereo and to your phone.
- Connecting A Car Kit To The Stereo –
There are different ways to connect the car kit to your stereo. Some models use 3.5 mm audio cables that connect to your stereo’s audio jack. Other models have a small metal addition on their side, so they will connect to the audio jack directly, without using a cable. Some models don’t have to connect through an audio jack, and they will produce a radio signal instead. You just have to turn them on, select a radio frequency, and set the stereo on the frequency. It could be better if you select a radio frequency that’s not usually used in your area, so you won’t experience any interference.
- Connecting A Car Kit To Your Phone –
There might be some small differences in the way some models connect to phones, but the process is usually similar. First, you have to remember to turn on the phone’s Bluetooth and set it to visible, so anyone can connect to it. Then, you have to search for the phone’s Bluetooth signal using the car kit. When the connection is completed, the phone and the kit will be paired.
Bluetooth Car Kit FAQs And Answers
- Can A Bluetooth Car Kit Harm The Car’s Battery?
Well, this might happen, but it can easily be avoided. Most cars will cut off the cigarette lighter’s power once the engine is turned off, but some don’t. If your car doesn’t automatically turn off the lights, you will have to turn off the car kit every time you turn off the engine. Otherwise, the car kit might drain the battery’s power.
- People Hear Me With An Echo When I Use The Car Kit? Why Is That?
If people regularly hear you with an echo over your phone conversations, you might need to upgrade your car kit. Some manufacturers avoid this problem by using ambient noise reduction technologies in their microphones, but others don’t.
- Will My Car Kit Work With Voice Commands?
Well, there’s no definitive answer to this question, but most of them will. You might need to press a button or two to activate the voice commands function when the kit is on standby, but it should work with most models.
Using a Bluetooth hands-free car kit is no longer a whim, it’s a necessity. Handling and talking on your phone while driving can be very dangerous, but a car kit removes the danger by allowing you to use the phone without taking your eyes off the road.
The great thing about these kits is that they can be used with every car model. They’re easy to use, and they improve your driving experience. Bluetooth car kits can relay anything on your phone, including podcasts and books, so they can benefit your whole family.
Best Bluetooth Car Kit Comparison Chart
|Nulaxy KM24 Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit||$$||5.7 x 4.3 x 2.3"||6.4 ounces||SUPER WIDE COMPATIBILITY / CRYSTAL SOUND QUALITY||Hands-Free / Manual switch / Dual USB Ports|
|TaoTronics Two Microphone Bluetooth Car Kit||$||1.6 x 1.9 x 0.4"||0.64 ounces||Can sink up 2 smart devices / 15 Hour Playback||Two Microphones / Convenient Dual Connection|
|Roav VIVA, by Anker, Alexa-Enabled 2-Port USB Car Charger||$$$$||4.2 x 6 x 2"||6.9 ounces||Instant voice-activated navigation, tap to mute the Alexa service||Dual microphone design / Dual USB ports|
|KINIVO BTC450 BLUETOOTH HANDS-FREE CAR KIT||$$$||5 x 5 x 5 inches||2.1 ounces||Audio through your 3.5mm input in Car Stereo when playing music and answering phone calls / Easy-to-use multi-function button allows you chabge or pause||Hands-Free / Built-in microphone and easy to use music controls|
|BESIGN BK01 BLUETOOTH 4.1 CAR KIT HANDS-FREE||$$||1.6 x 0.5 x 1.6 inches||10.7 ounces||Lower power consumption and wider compatibility||Hands-Free / 3 Button design / LED Indicator Status: Blue and Red|
|NULAXY WIRELESS BLUETOOTH FM TRANSMITTER CAR KIT||$$||4.8 x 2.7 x 2.2 inches||3 ounces||High-performance provides multi-solution for your hands-free driving and in-car stereo streaming||Two USB ports / Supports AUX output and input / Widely Compatibility|
|TAOTRONICS BLUETOOTH RECEIVER / CAR KIT||$||2 x 1 x 0.4 inches||0.6 ounces||8 hours of talk and play time, or up to 200 hours on standby||Wide compatibility / Connect two Bluetooth devices at once|
|MPOW BLUETOOTH RECEIVER||$||6.8 x 1.1 x 4.4 inches||1.6 ounces||up to 8 HOURS playing time||DOUBLE LINKS & WIDE COMPATIBILITY / AUTOMATICALLY RECONNECT|
|SOUNDBOT SB360 BLUETOOTH 4.0 CAR KIT HANDS||$$||5.5 x 3.5 x 1.5 inches||3.2 ounces||16 Hours talking time||Two-Link Multi-Point / Echo and noise reduction technology|
Using a Bluetooth hands-free car kit is not only useful, but it’s also safer than talking on your phone directly. Talking on the phone while driving can be distracting, and you might have to take your eyes off the road to answer it which might be dangerous.
Finding the best Bluetooth car kit might be harder than you expect since the market is full of bad models marketed as good. That’s why we prepared these honest Bluetooth car kit reviews, so you can make an informed decision when you buy one.
Keep in mind that a car kit can also be used to relay music, podcast, or to listen to books. They are the perfect solution for a trip, whether you’re taking it by yourself or with your family.